Pumpkin Butter from Real Pumpkins
Welcome to my kitchen! Here is a yummy little treat for you this fall season.
Watch my how-to clip below.
2 whole pie pumpkins cooked down and pureed OR 3 cans of pumpkin (15oz each)
2 cups white sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup apple juice
2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
4 tsp ground cinnamon
juice from half a lemon
- In large pot combine all ingredients. Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and cover, simmering for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- If using cooked down pumpkin, make certain it is pureed until smooth (immersion blender recommended).
- Cool. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Use on scones, toast, and muffins. Add to pancake batter or oatmeal for a sweet pumpkin spice version of your favorite baked goods.